Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wat Yannawa (Relics temple)



This temple houses many golden monk statues and various monks’ relics including Buddha’s top 10 disciples such as Ananda and Maha Kassapa. I burst into tears when I saw not one but many monks who practised and liberated from this Samsara. Their great effort moved me; I prostrated with my gratitude to the patriarchs from all over the world who showed us the way; who carried the light of Wisdom and passed it onto us.

Let me pay my gratitude
To all patriarchs around the world

Your ascetic, self-cultivation, preach Dharma
Vowed to leave us
Your body relics
To show us the right path
Keep the sangha in order
All these virtues are endless merit
Please let me show my respect
With all my heart
Prostrate in front of you
Thanks for your great effort!

1 comment: