Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Art of Simple



A young girl said to me: “I have noticed you only wear brown or black.” I haven’t told her I do have other colours. I truly don’t bother to buy clothes to match with whatever is in my wardrobe. I don’t like shopping. Not only do I wear simple clothes, I also eat simply. If I am at home by myself, I just whip up a cup of raw vegetable and fruit juice for a meal. I can sleep in anywhere because I am not attached to my own bed.  I can sleep while I am sitting or standing. Someone told me that I might have a hard time to share a room with someone during my recent trip. Now three weeks were over and we had so much fun. I had no problem with anyone because I am a simple person and can adapt to anyone’s need. This has been shown in my ex-working life. I can adapt in any working environment whether it was a hospital, teaching or government agency. I provided simple solutions through my 26 years working life. They were easy to implement and effective. I don’t like complex thinking; just make it simple and concise. I am a person who cannot think like Asians do. They can go round and round like a merry go round. This is far too much for me. I am a direct person. You can tell me straight if I am wrong, there is no need to dance in the bush.


The Art of Simple is very simple. You just need to live simple and think simple. Live simple means living in the moment, not yesterday nor tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment