Thursday, July 21, 2016

A mother and her spiritual path



My son gave me a hand-painted silk painting when he was 15 years old. The painting has a mother tortoise leading her son to a moon. He said the moon means our spiritual path. I didn't think much at that time he presented this painting to me.

Today when I was vacuuming the carpets I look at the painting. I have such deep feeling about it. To my son I am the one who leads him to the right path. I am his sun and moon.

One thing he doesn't know is he leads me to my spiritual path instead of I lead him. He helps me to see myself and learn about acceptance, toleration, loving kindness and compassion. He teaches me to love without judgement, to love without expectation, to love within the present moment, to love tenderly (not harsh - attach) and to love for the sake of loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment