Monday, June 2, 2014

The Art of Drinking Tea


Early in the morning while people are asleep, I brewed my first cup of tea. I don’t know how to brew tea like the Japanese. For my cup of tea, it is just normal hot boiled water with tea leaves. I like to observe how the dried tea leaves gradually enlarge as they soak up the water. I enjoy watching the tea leaves flow inside the cup. They go up and down like our life. I don’t know how to do tasseography but I can read when each tea leaf has oozed their essence. It expands, and releases its fragrance and colour into the boiling water. It has offered it’s best to me. How often do we live to our life to the fullest like a tea leaf? We need to reflect!

I watch the steam evaporate from my cup. It forms all sort of shapes and sizes. I feel its warmness. From my tongue, I could feel the sun, the moon, the dew, the rain, the earth, the labour work and the fragrance from the tea. I feel the whole universe in my tea cup. You just don’t know how grateful I am to sit here and enjoy my cup of tea. This is my Pure-Land. I gaze out my window and see the crack of dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment