Tuesday, July 31, 2012

人在江湖身不由己

人在江湖身不由己
You can't always do as you like, one has to compromise in this world.

This is load of shit when people say this! My brothers keep using this as an excuse for not doing their duties. Mum was sick last week; she needed people to nurse her by her bedside. I was there 7 nights sleeping on the armchair and yet my own brothers told me “They can’t always do as they like once they have family of their own.” Am I not married? Do I not have children of my own? My children are much younger than anyone of theirs. Do I not have a fulltime job? I needed to ring up my boss to ask for carer’s leave. I had to leave my children home alone. My eldest brother is retired at home; lives next door of my parents’ home but could not even look after mum for a night. This is bullshit!

Whoever says “You can't always do as you like, one has to compromise in this world.” is finding an excuse. An obstacle doesn’t have to stop us. If we face it, accept it, work on it and overcome it. We can find time if we want to. Nothing can stop us if we want to do something, unless we are not willing to do it, we can do it. I compromise in this world and still find my own way to do things I ought to do. Nothing is impossible if we want to do it, we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment