Friday, February 1, 2019

Gratitude to my father


Anh Thien Tanh lended me a book on “How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen” by Rick Johnson. It is a very interesting book about men and the skills how to communicate with them.
There is a chapter about the first man in a woman’s life. I think it is chapter 7 - The first man in every woman’s life. After reading that chapter I am so thankful to my first man.

I thank my dad. He loved me for who I am and gave me total freedom to grow up to a woman I am today. He gave me a colourful childhood. He showed me courage to fight in difficult times; he taught me perseverance, persistence, passion, determination, adaptation, love, art of giving, trust, truthful, straightforward and open, always see the bright side of life, humble, independent, to be rebel, to be wild, and much more. All these qualities made me stand strong in all aspects of my life. There were many moments in my life that he made me proud. For sure he is my yardstick from which I measure the greatness of a man, and that was how I have chosen my husband.

He taught me the biggest lesson in life is to let go. During his last 2 days in his life, again he taught me courage to facing his own death. He let go of his attachment (my mother) and went in a peaceful way that rarely others would have followed. His body was soft even on the day he was cremated. The person who dressed him from the funeral parlour told me that he must have had a peaceful mind as he was freed from his body. This person one of Dalai Lama’s student. As a result of letting go therefore his body was soft even though he was dead for six days.

I am also grateful for his love and devotion to his family. He is loved by his family and mostly his little daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment