Monday, August 22, 2016

At the end you get nothing



My brother stated: “Practising Buddhism is stupid. At the end you get nothing.” I asked him: “What do you want to get?” He said: “Buddhists make their life so plain. They are so negative. A person’s life journey without enjoyment in material and fame is such a waste.” I asked him: “Ok, let’s say you have all these things. Will you be happy? How many millionaires are truly happy? At the last minute of their lives will they die in peace? Are you happy right now?”

I told him the biggest achievement in practicing Buddhism is to achieve a peaceful mind. A peaceful mind is just like a millpond that reflects whatever come into and not attach. I wish I could share with him my experience. I wonder who can truly understand this nothing will set us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment