Sunday, May 17, 2015

Looking for Superpower



During my second Vipassana retreat in 2014 at day 4th I had an extraordinary experience. At that time my mind was as calm and tranquil as it could be. Suddenly I felt a hot boiling feeling which began from the top of my head running down to the tips of my toes. It felt as if my whole body was in sauna. I observed my sensation, moved on and did not pay too much attention to it. It again happened the next day at the similar time. I was puzzled and thought: “Hmmm… strange! Is this some sort of special power?” I requested a time to see the teacher. I reported this sensation of mine to her. She looked at me and asked: “How old are you?” I said I am 51 years old. She smiled and said this is a hot flash during menopause. I burst into laughter. I told her that I thought I had some sought of superpower. We both laughed out loud. I am still laughing while I am typing this. As a worldly people we all love to have superpower, don’t we?

No comments:

Post a Comment